We provide a wide variety of opportunities and programmes at all levels of the school, in our endeavour to meet the individual needs of each pupil. We recognise that students have different learning strengths and styles. We build on these as well as helping students to develop other ways of learning.
Children also benefit from cultural activities that are offered during the year. Te Reo is taught in every class. Physical Education, including fitness programmes, is carried out at all levels of the school.
Our library programmes encourage student reading, recognising the importance of enriching and deepening the capacity for comprehension.
Reading folders are sent home each day in the Junior School.
Staff are generous with the additional time given to support extra programmes, consequently, a variety of cultural and sporting activities and programmes are offered. Some years there may be a variance:
- Parish/School Sacramental programme
- Reading Recovery Programme for 6 year old children
- Full sports’ programme:
- Hockey, netball, Unihoc, Football & Miniball after-school competition
- Inter-school sports’ tournaments
- Kapa Haka
- Poly Club
- ARTS—Dance, Drama, Visual
- Gifted and Talented
- ESOL teachers experienced in teaching children with
- English as their second language
- School music and singing
- Education Outside the Classroom programmes
- Community experiences: school trips, visits, guests
- Computer skills are taught and practised